We stand behind our services & believe our clients deserve the best possible results.
Do you qualify for a lifetime of laser hair removal treatments at 40% off?
We stand behind our services & believe our clients deserve the best possible results.
At SILK, we are proud to stand behind our services, and we believe all our clients deserve the best possible results. In most cases, six to eight treatments is all that it is required to achieve the desired result, but if further Laser Hair Removal treatments are required after the completion of ten treatments, we promise to provide additional Laser Hair Removal treatments to you at 40% off for the rest of your lifetime! *
*40% off applies to the standard RRP per-treatment price in the original area of treatment only.
Your safety is our number one priority. All staff at SILK Laser Clinics undergo a rigorous training schedule as well as a minimum number of training hours before treating. All of our technicians have completed their laser safety course and are nationally laser safety certified. You can find these certificates hanging proudly at each of our five clinics.
Laser hair removal achieves the best results for people with fairer skin and darker hair, however our laser technology and laser preparation products allow us to treat a variety of skin and hair types. Laser hair removal is not suited to blonde, red, grey or white hair.
We ensure our client’s total satisfaction by using the medical grade Candela GentleLASE 755nm Alexandrite laser, the world’s most effective laser for hair removal. Treatments are quick, comfortable and effective, giving instant results.
The Candela GentleLASE at SILK Laser Clinics is a Medical Grade 4 Alexandrite laser that produces a near infra light which targets the pigment in the hair follicle, without damaging the surrounding skin tissue. This light then generates heat within the hair follicle to sever the connection between the follicle and its blood supply destroying hair in the active growth stage only.
No lasers can claim to have achieved 100% permanent hair removal. However, FDA/TGA Approved Medical Grade 4 Lasers can, in most cases, achieve permanent hair “reduction” with approximately a 70% – 90% reduction in hair growth.
These results are dependent on the individual and can be influenced by such things as skin type, hair colour, and hormones. Permanent hair reduction may not be achieved by all clients, the vast majority of these clients are females with fine facial hair or members of both sexes experiencing varying levels of hormonal activity such as puberty, pregnancy or menopause.
At SILK Laser Clinics we offer two cooling options to our clients which are designed to keep the surface of the skin cool so that maximum energy from the laser can reach its target matter. A very happy consequence of these cooling systems is that our clients find it dramatically improves their level of comfort throughout treatments making it almost painless.
These two cooling options include the Zimmer Cryo System which delivers a constant stream of cold air throughout the treatment and can also be used to pre-cool sensitive areas. Along with Candela’s patented Dynamic Cooling Device which gives the skin a short spray of cryogen milliseconds before the laser pulse.
Many clients have likened the treatment to the feeling of having an elastic band snapped against the skin. Please note that all clients pain thresholds differ substantially though and if pain is an issue, topical anaesthetic can be applied prior to treatment.
At SILK Laser Clinics, laser hair removal treatments start from as little as $10 and discounts are offered for pre-payment. This makes laser hair removal treatment extremely affordable when compared to ongoing costs of alternative hair removal methods, such as shaving and waxing. For more information on pricing, please refer to our pricing and specials page.
The number of treatments can vary, dependant on the individual and can be influenced by skin type, hair colour, medications, and hormones.
Depending on the area being treated, a course of 6 – 8 treatments is generally required to achieve the most significant hair reduction results. Your technician will make a recommendation of the number of treatments you require as part of your complimentary consultation and treatment planning session.
As hair growth is cyclical, it is recommended that a treatment is completed every 4 – 6 weeks for facial areas and every 6-10weeks for body areas, until the entire course is completed. However your technician will monitor your progress and adjust your treatment plan if required.
We recommend clients adhere to their treatment plan, as a clients who miss an appointment or who leave a long period of time between treatments will not achieve optimum results.
Nearly all areas of the human body are treatable. For a list of our most commonly treated areas, please refer to our pricing page.
At SILK Laser clinics we recommend Laser Hair treatments for clients over the age of 18 years old. From our experience clients who start treatments under the age of 25 may need additional treatments. This is due to the fact that hair growth has not fully developed due to changing hormonal levels. If you are under 18 years old please speak with your parent or guardian about laser hair treatments prior to contacting SILK Laser Clinics as they will be required to attend your consultation and sign a consent.
The laser specifically targets the pigment within the hair follicle. Consequently, it is important not to affect the skins pigmentation in anyway before or after your laser treatments. Sun exposure can increase the risk of adverse reaction including burning, blistering and post inflammatory hyper or hypo pigmentation in some cases these reactions can be permanent and prevent you from achieving your ideal results.
Please avoid sun exposure or solariums 2 – 4 weeks prior to your first treatment and continue to avoid exposure to the treatment area throughout your entire treatment plan. Be sure to also apply sunscreen hourly if you are exposed to direct sunlight.
It is also recommended not to use any form of artificial tanning products prior to your treatment, this includes fake tan sprays or lotions and bronzing powders or creams. As these products alter your natural skin colour they must be completely removed from the treatment area prior to your appointment, otherwise your technician may advise you to postpone your treatment.
There are only a few medications that could possibly affect the treatments of laser hair removal. These medications include Roaccutane and Retin-A as both of these medications can alter the integrity of an individual’s skin. It is recommended that Roaccutane be ceased 6 months prior to treatment and topical Retin-A at least 2 – 4 weeks prior to treatment.
Some medications may have blood thinning or photo-sensitising properties which can increase the risk of an adverse reaction, so it is important to bring along a comprehensive list of any medications or supplements you are on to discuss with your technician prior to treatment.
Clients with hormonal imbalances or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) are recommended to consult an Endocrinologist for evaluation and possible medical treatment. These clients tend to have excess hair growth secondary to their medical condition and may find that they require both medical treatment as well as ongoing laser treatment, in order to achieve optimum results.
- I think SILK have top quality machines that do the job you pay for. I've been to a cheaper place before with no results. I'm now doing touch ups once a year and I love it thanks SILK (Elizabeth)Gen, Elizabeth
- I wanted to thank you personally for the service that I've received so far during my treatment at SILK. While I'm only about half way through my treatments, my results have been out of this world and for someone who has had thick "European" body hair up until now, and had to plan trips to the beach\swimming centre with my kids around my waxing schedule this has been a revelation.You have honestly given me my life back and I am so thrilled to refer you on to anyone and everyone I know. I can't quite figure out why I waited until this point in my life to do it.Sharyn, Unley
- My skin is looking good, rejuvenated and fresh. Everyone at work has been intrigued by the whole process and comment positively every time they see differences. Most are amazed at how well it has worked, as am I. This process has been amazing and satisfying, as I HATED my freckles.I'm very happy!Sash, Gumeracha
- Great prolonged results, quick and painless. Friendly Staff!Emma, Burnside
- SILK have been professional, efficient, and conducive to some excellent results!Melody, Ridleyton
- Should have done this years ago! Beats shaving!Nicolle, Windsor Gardens
- The treatments were quick & painless, and the staff are always friendly & professional. I am really happy with the results!Lydia, Adelaide
- I would recommend SILK to anyone who wants their services. They are fast, effective & long lasting!Jessica, Newton
- Getting Laser Hair Removal is one of the best decisions I've made. You won't regret it!Hannah, Adelaide
- Very happy with the service and results. I used to struggle with ingrowns, but ever since laser I haven't had any issues. No more ingrown hairs!Monica, Mawson Lakes