The PicoSure Skin Rejuvenation treatments combines PicoSure’s ultra-short pulses of energy with the Fractionated Focus Lens to provide the benefits of a Fractionated/Fraxel Laser Treatment with almost no downtime. This combined action helps to address the specific skin concern while rebuilding collagen and elastin fibres within the skin, leaving your skin feeling youthful, fresh and with a healthy glow.
The PicoSure Focus Lens array has been FDA Approved to treat:
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Acne Scarring
The number of treatments required is determined by the concerns you want to treat. For most clients we recommend starting with a course of 6 treatments, however clients treating specific concerns such as Melasma or Acne Scarring may require more treatments depending on the extent of the damage.A personalised treatment plan will be created for you at your FREE consultation with one of SILK’s technicians.
With the PicoSure you are able to treat as often as every week if you like, but most clients will have a treatment every 2-4weeks for optimal results.
For most clients their skin will feel firmer directly after the treatment and the full effects of the treatment can usually be seen approximately 3-5 days after the treatment.
For most clients, using the prescribed home care products, the results can be very long lasting with many clients reporting notable changes for months after their course of treatments has been completed.
At your initial consultation you will be asked to arrive 10mins prior to your scheduled appointment to ensure you have ample time to complete the necessary paperwork prior to being taken through to one of our treatment rooms. Your SILK technician will then discuss the following with you to ensure you have complete understanding of the treatment plan, this includes:
- Visual assessment of your skin
- Discussion regarding any previous treatments
- How the laser works
- How to prepare for your treatments
- How to care for your skin to ensure lasting results
- Possible adverse reactions
- Personalised Treatment Plan outlining all pricing options
At SILK Laser Clinics all of our technicians are Laser Safety Certified and have extensive knowledge of the skin. As the PicoSure Laser is the most advanced technology available, our technicians have undergone rigorous training to ensure your safety and results.
It is essential to avoid sun exposure or solariums for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment and throughout your treatment plan. Any form of exposure can increase your risk of burning, blistering and pigment changes within the skin which includes post inflammatory hyper, darkening, or hypo, lightening, pigmentation.It is also important to avoid the use of fake tans prior to your treatment and ensure the area is free from any artificial pigments, including makeup, the day of your appointment.
As with all laser treatments some discomfort will be felt, however most clients are able to tolerate the treatment well. For all treatments the Zimmer Cooling System is used to cool the treatment area which reduces the discomfort felt by the client.SILK Laser Clinics also allow a longer treatment time which means your Laser Technician will be able to take the care necessary to ensure you are as comfortable as possible throughout the treatment.
No. Because these creams or gels are often water based they create a barrier over the skin, even when thoroughly removed. This barrier prevents the full effects of the laser being able to penetrate to the target matter reducing the results of the treatment.
Directly after the treatment the area will feel very similar to sunburn with the skin being red and hot to touch. For most clients this response will usually last 2-12hours, but in some cases can last up to 48hours after your treatment. Should you notice these affects for longer than 48 hours post treatment, please contact your clinic.
The SILK Soothing Gel is a must have for all laser clients, it’s anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. SILK recommended that this be applied to the treatment area at least each morning and night for 7days after your treatment, it is also advised that you bring the SILK Soothing Gel to your appointments as you will want to apply is generously throughout the day after your treatment.It is also advised that you avoid hot showers, baths, pools, spas, steam, sauna and the gym for at least 48hours post treatment, this may be extended if the treatment area is still feeling warm or irritated.
- I think SILK have top quality machines that do the job you pay for. I've been to a cheaper place before with no results. I'm now doing touch ups once a year and I love it thanks SILK (Elizabeth)Gen, Elizabeth
- I wanted to thank you personally for the service that I've received so far during my treatment at SILK. While I'm only about half way through my treatments, my results have been out of this world and for someone who has had thick "European" body hair up until now, and had to plan trips to the beach\swimming centre with my kids around my waxing schedule this has been a revelation.You have honestly given me my life back and I am so thrilled to refer you on to anyone and everyone I know. I can't quite figure out why I waited until this point in my life to do it.Sharyn, Unley
- My skin is looking good, rejuvenated and fresh. Everyone at work has been intrigued by the whole process and comment positively every time they see differences. Most are amazed at how well it has worked, as am I. This process has been amazing and satisfying, as I HATED my freckles.I'm very happy!Sash, Gumeracha
- Great prolonged results, quick and painless. Friendly Staff!Emma, Burnside
- SILK have been professional, efficient, and conducive to some excellent results!Melody, Ridleyton
- Should have done this years ago! Beats shaving!Nicolle, Windsor Gardens
- The treatments were quick & painless, and the staff are always friendly & professional. I am really happy with the results!Lydia, Adelaide
- I would recommend SILK to anyone who wants their services. They are fast, effective & long lasting!Jessica, Newton
- Getting Laser Hair Removal is one of the best decisions I've made. You won't regret it!Hannah, Adelaide
- Very happy with the service and results. I used to struggle with ingrowns, but ever since laser I haven't had any issues. No more ingrown hairs!Monica, Mawson Lakes