- Treatments can be done as often as every week for best results it is recommended to have no more than 4 weeks between treatments.
- It is recommended that you use correct home care products to ensure that you achieve the best possible results, as part of your consultation you will receive a details home care regime to suit your concerns.
- Both the client and operator are required to wear protective eyewear designed to filter the specific wavelength generated by the laser, regular eyewear is not designed to do this.
- The Zimmer Chiller System is used throughout the treatment to cool the area, this helps to ensure the treatment is as comfortable as possible.
At SILK we understand that no two clients are the same, your Treatment Plan has been tailored to treat your specific tattoo. Part of this process is a correct assessment of your skin including addressing your skin concerns and showing you areas of potential damage using correct skin assessment tools.
The PicoSure Focus Lens array has been FDA Approved to treat:
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Acne Scaring
- Melasma Reduction
This treatment is also excellent for anyone wanting an all over skin refresh that will firm and tone the skin, clear any unwanted sun damage and help to reduce pore size.
PREPARATION FOR LASER SKIN REJUVENATION
- Do not expose the treatment area to the sun throughout your treatment plan.
- Do not have any laser, Microhydrabrasion or other skin treatments in the area a minimum 2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Ensure that any fake tan, body moisturizer, makeup, deodorants or perfumes have been thoroughly removed as these can impact your results.
- Do not apply numbing creams or gels to the area as use of these products can have a negative impact on your treatment results.
- SPF cannot be applied directly after your treatment so please ensure that you avoid sun exposure until the following day when SPF can be applied.
- SILK Soothing Gel must be applied for a minimum of 7 days post laser treatment, AM and PM, in place of any other moisturizer.
- SPF must be applied to all treatment areas and sun exposure must be avoided at all times while undergoing treatments.
- Avoid excessive physical activity, hot showers, pools, spas and saunas for up to 72 hours post treatment.
COMMON SHORT TERM SIDE EFFECTS:
Throughout the treatment your technician will monitor your skin’s response, below are some indications that are normal and can be a sign of an effective treatment. Please note that these indications can last up to 72 hours, should they extend pass this timeframe please contact your clinic.
- Erythema, or redness, to the treatment area.
- Swelling of the treatment area.
- Pinpoint bleeding to the treatment area.
POSSIBLE ADVERSE REACTIONS:
In most cases, if you follow our recommended guidelines potential adverse reactions can be avoided. However below are some of the common reactions that can occur:
- Hyperpigmentation (darkening) or Hypopigmentation (lightening) of the skin in the treated area.
- Herpes Simplex virus activation.
- Histamine reaction for allergy sufferers, an antihistamine can be taken 1 hour prior to treatment.
- Slight crusting of the skin and in very rare cases blistering.
- Bruising is common post treatment however it is more likely to occur generally when a vascular condition is present or when blood thinners, i.e. Aspirin, Warfarin, Vitamin E, Fish or Krill Oil, are taken regularly.
- Development of infection that, in very rare cases, can lead to scarring.
It is essential to follow to pre and post treatment instructions to minimize the risk of an adverse reaction.
If you have an adverse reaction please contact the clinic immediately to ensure the correct steps are taken to treat the area.
Should you have any concerns throughout your treatment plan please speak with your SILK Laser Technician.