Microdermabrasion is a simple, non-invasive, painless treatment used to clean, refine, and smooth the skin surface while increasing blood circulation to the deeper layers of the dermis. This treatment is performed firstly dry, using the revolutionary diamond tipped wand, and then wet, combining the treatment with a water/aloe vera solution leaving the face/body feeling refreshed and hydrated.
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles
- Age Spots/superficial pigmentation
- Enlarged Oily Pores
- Blackheads and Whiteheads
- General Exfoliation of dead skin cells
- Blending of Post Laser treatments
It is best to not perform treatments on viral lesions (active herpes simplex), eczema or dermatitis, cuts or open wounds, vascular lesions, recent sunburn, or after recent use of Roaccutane.
SILK Laser Clinics use the medical grade Minivac, which gently exfoliates with soft diamond tips, while simultaneously cleaning the skin using a system of water and aloe vera. The Minivac’s micro massage system vacuums away dead skin cells, while gently stimulating collagen production, to create soft, new skin and a reduction in the appearance of fine lines, sun damage, and scarring.
The treatment takes approximately 30-45 mins, depending on the skin concerns being treated, and can be done during a lunch break.
Initially the treated area is red due to increased circulation but will fade within a few hours. Exfoliation and mild flaking is common a few days after treatment but will decrease once multiple treatments have been performed and the area is in better condition. If breakouts have been treated, the area may be red and could scab lasting approximately four days with no residual scarring.Mineral make up can be applied to the area immediately after treatment, to ensure you can get back to your day without any interruption.
For general rejuvenation, it is recommended to have approximately six treatments with each treatment being performed fortnightly initially. Severe breakouts or pigmentation may require more treatments. After the first course, this can be maintained every 4-6 weeks.Microdermabrasion is a treatment that can be performed on the face/body on an ongoing basis and should be part of a complete skincare regime.
- I think SILK have top quality machines that do the job you pay for. I've been to a cheaper place before with no results. I'm now doing touch ups once a year and I love it thanks SILK (Elizabeth)Gen, Elizabeth
- I wanted to thank you personally for the service that I've received so far during my treatment at SILK. While I'm only about half way through my treatments, my results have been out of this world and for someone who has had thick "European" body hair up until now, and had to plan trips to the beach\swimming centre with my kids around my waxing schedule this has been a revelation.You have honestly given me my life back and I am so thrilled to refer you on to anyone and everyone I know. I can't quite figure out why I waited until this point in my life to do it.Sharyn, Unley
- My skin is looking good, rejuvenated and fresh. Everyone at work has been intrigued by the whole process and comment positively every time they see differences. Most are amazed at how well it has worked, as am I. This process has been amazing and satisfying, as I HATED my freckles.I'm very happy!Sash, Gumeracha
- Great prolonged results, quick and painless. Friendly Staff!Emma, Burnside
- SILK have been professional, efficient, and conducive to some excellent results!Melody, Ridleyton
- Should have done this years ago! Beats shaving!Nicolle, Windsor Gardens
- The treatments were quick & painless, and the staff are always friendly & professional. I am really happy with the results!Lydia, Adelaide
- I would recommend SILK to anyone who wants their services. They are fast, effective & long lasting!Jessica, Newton
- Getting Laser Hair Removal is one of the best decisions I've made. You won't regret it!Hannah, Adelaide
- Very happy with the service and results. I used to struggle with ingrowns, but ever since laser I haven't had any issues. No more ingrown hairs!Monica, Mawson Lakes