We stand behind our services & we believe our clients deserve the best possible results.
Do you qualify for FREE tattoo removal treatments?
We stand behind our services & we believe our clients deserve the best possible results.
PicoSure is the newest and fastest laser on the market for safe and effective tattoo removal. Picosecond laser technology delivers energy 100 times faster than traditional q switch lasers, making it the best choice for laser tattoo removal.
During the PicoSure treatment, laser energy is directly delivered to the tattoo, targeting the ink and shattering it into tiny particles. The particles are eliminated by the body's natural processes resulting in a lightening of the tattoo ink.
PicoSure is the most advanced laser technology available and SILK Laser Clinics are very excited to be introducing it to the Adelaide market! The Picosure laser operates in picoseconds, which fire over 100 times faster than the nanoseconds on the Q-Switch.
- This dramatically reduces the amount of heat delivered to the skin, resulting in less tissue damage. Compared to the PicoSure, the Q-Switch requires more treatments to achieve the same results and distributes more heat into the skin surrounding the tattoo, increasing the risk of tissue damage and adverse reactions.
- The PicoSure is also far more effective with removing difficult ink colours, such as blue and greens. So the end result to you the customer is any tattoo of any colour can be removed easily and effectively.
- The PicoSure can remove all tattoo colours in 1/3 of the time vs traitional q switch machines, with minimal chance of injury and 100% clearance.
Most professional tattoos may require anywhere from 4-6 treatments; however, this will depend on the skin type, colour and depth of the tattoo ink.
By needing only this number of treatments, it means you can get maximum clearance of your tattoo in only 6-8 months. Compare this to traditional q switch technology which technology which requires 15-20 treatments and 1.5 - 2 years for the same result, you can remove that unwanted tattoo faster than ever possible.
During your free consultation, your technician will evaluate your tattoo and recommend a realistic treatment regime to help you achieve the best results.
PicoSure can be used to help clear ALL tattoo colours and types easily and effectively. Traditionally with Q switch technology, the most difficult ink colours have been blues and greens; however with PicoSure, these colours are its greatest strength.
The numbers of treatments required to remove your tattoo will depend on the depth and shade; however, in most instances no more than 6 treatments will be required for all colours.
In the rare instance that more than 6 treatments are required for gaining maximum clearance of that specific tattoo, SILK are proud to offer you our Lifetime Appearance Promise, which is free treatments of the removal of that specific tattoo until the best result has been achieved!
Most clients will see an instant result after their first treatment, with the tattoo continuing to fade visibly with every subsequent treatment.
Tattoos on the trunk of the body which have a high supply blood flow tend to respond faster than tattoos that are in areas with slower circulation, such as feet and hands.
Following post-treatment guidelines will assist in maximising results.
We recommend that treatments are completed no sooner than six weeks apart, allowing time for the full effect of the previous treatment to be seen while also allowing the skin to recover.
Having longer between treatments does not affect the overall results, but will impact the length of time taken to remove the tattoo.
PicoSure delivers energy so precisely that even the smallest areas of a tattoo can be removed without affecting the surrounding tattoo.
At your initial consultation you will be asked to arrive 10mins prior to your scheduled appointment to ensure you have ample time to complete the necessary paperwork prior to being taken through to one of our treatment rooms. Your technician will then discuss the following with you to ensure you have complete understanding of the treatment plan, this includes:
- Visual assessment of the tattoo
- Discussion regarding any previous treatments
- How the laser works
- How to prepare for your treatments
- How to care for the area post treatment
- Possible adverse reactions
- Personalised Treatment Plan outlining all pricing options
In most cases you can proceed with your first treatment at the time of the consultation, however should there be any ‘red flags’ in your consultation your technician may advise that a Test Patch be performed prior to commencing your treatments.
At SILK Laser Clinics all of our technicians are Laser Safety Certified and have extensive knowledge of the skin.
As the PicoSure Laser is the most advanced technology available, our technicians have undergone rigorous training to ensure your safety and results.
The cost of laser tattoo removal depends on several factors, including the size of the tattoo and the number of treatments it will require. After your consultation, your technician will provide you with a price estimate for the treatment plan.
Regardless of your individual treatment plan, you can feel confident in the knowledge that with less treatments required and the latest and most effective laser technology, you’ll get superior results at a competitive price in the quickest time possible.
It is essential to avoid sun exposure or solariums for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment and throughout your treatment plan. Any form of exposure can increase your risk of burning, blistering and pigment changes within the skin which includes post inflammatory hyper, darkening, or hypo, lightening, pigmentation.
It is also important to avoid the use of fake tans prior to your treatment and ensure the area is free from any artificial pigments, including makeup, the day of your appointment.
As with all laser treatments some very mild discomfort will be felt; however, most clients are able to tolerate the treatment easily. For all tattoo removal treatments, the Zimmer Cooling System will be used to cool the treatment area, which reduces the discomfort felt by the client considerably.
The PicoSure also reduces any client discomfort by over 50% vs traditional Q Switch Nanosecond technology.
SILK Laser Clinics also allow a longer treatment time which means your technician will be able to take the care necessary to ensure you are as comfortable as possible throughout the treatment.
At SILK we offer a special cooling device that we use to pre cool the skin prior, during and after treatment. We can also recommend numbing cream for clients to apply to the skin prior to the treatment visit if needed.
Immediately after the treatment, the area will feel very similar to sunburn with reddened skin that is hot to touch.
The tattoo may appear slightly raised and frosted (white) in appearance immediately after the laser treatment. This is the skin’s protective mechanism- the laser creates enough of a response in the ink particles that the skin tries to shield itself from further destruction. There may be surrounding skin redness, and there may be some pinpoint bleeding.
For most clients these responses will usually last 2-12hours, but in some cases can last up to 48hours after your treatment. Should you notice these affects for longer than 48hours post treatment, please contact the clinic.
The SILK Soothing Gel is a must have for all laser clients, with its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. We recommended this be applied to the treatment area at least each morning and night for 7days after your treatment, and it is also advised that you bring the SILK Soothing Gel to your appointments as you will want to apply is generously throughout the day of your treatment.
Your technician may also apply a protective dressing to the treatment area, to prevent it from rubbing on clothing and becoming irritated. It is for this reason that we recommend that loose clothing be worn to your appointments.
It is also advised that you ice the treatment area for 10mins every 30mins for at least 5hours after your treatment. This will dramatically reduce the chance of blistering in the treatment area which is usually caused by improper cooling post-treatment. Should a blister develop do NOT pop or drain the fluid, simply allow it to heal naturally as any interference could result in scar tissue which can impact your treatment results.
Hot showers, baths, pools, spas, steam, sauna and vigorous exercise must be avoided for at least 48hours post treatment, or until the treatment areas no longer feels warm and/or irritated.
Your technician will provide you with detailed post-treatment care guidelines at your consultation.
- I think SILK have top quality machines that do the job you pay for. I've been to a cheaper place before with no results. I'm now doing touch ups once a year and I love it thanks SILK (Elizabeth)Gen, Elizabeth
- I wanted to thank you personally for the service that I've received so far during my treatment at SILK. While I'm only about half way through my treatments, my results have been out of this world and for someone who has had thick "European" body hair up until now, and had to plan trips to the beach\swimming centre with my kids around my waxing schedule this has been a revelation.You have honestly given me my life back and I am so thrilled to refer you on to anyone and everyone I know. I can't quite figure out why I waited until this point in my life to do it.Sharyn, Unley
- My skin is looking good, rejuvenated and fresh. Everyone at work has been intrigued by the whole process and comment positively every time they see differences. Most are amazed at how well it has worked, as am I. This process has been amazing and satisfying, as I HATED my freckles.I'm very happy!Sash, Gumeracha
- Great prolonged results, quick and painless. Friendly Staff!Emma, Burnside
- SILK have been professional, efficient, and conducive to some excellent results!Melody, Ridleyton
- Should have done this years ago! Beats shaving!Nicolle, Windsor Gardens
- The treatments were quick & painless, and the staff are always friendly & professional. I am really happy with the results!Lydia, Adelaide
- I would recommend SILK to anyone who wants their services. They are fast, effective & long lasting!Jessica, Newton
- Getting Laser Hair Removal is one of the best decisions I've made. You won't regret it!Hannah, Adelaide
- Very happy with the service and results. I used to struggle with ingrowns, but ever since laser I haven't had any issues. No more ingrown hairs!Monica, Mawson Lakes